News: 
Welcome to FindUKHosting Forum

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - OliviaBennet

Pages: [1]
1
Virtual Private Server (VPS) / VPS for a small gaming community
« on: September 27, 2026, 07:41:06 PM »
I’m looking for a VPS for a small gaming community. It will host a game server, a website and a Discord bot.

My budget is around €25/month, and I’d prefer the Netherlands or another Western European location because our players are spread across Germany, France and Belgium.

I’m considering hostpro.com because their VPS plans use KVM virtualization and NVMe storage. Consistent CPU performance is more important to me than having a huge amount of disk space.

What specs would you recommend for around 10–20 concurrent players?

2
Virtual Private Server (VPS) / VPS for an API
« on: September 20, 2026, 03:00:51 PM »
I’m looking for a small VPS for a REST API serving primarily US customers. My budget is limited to around $15–20/month, so I’m trying to find the best balance between resources and location.

Hostpro.com caught my attention because they have a US VPS location and their plans use KVM virtualization. I’d also prefer NVMe storage because the API will use PostgreSQL.

Would a 2 vCPU / 4 GB VPS be sufficient for an API with relatively low initial traffic?

3
Virtual Private Server (VPS) / VPS for a PHP/MySQL project
« on: September 12, 2026, 04:32:35 PM »
I have a PHP/MySQL project that has outgrown shared hosting and I’m now looking at VPS options. It isn’t extremely resource-intensive, but response times become noticeably worse when several background tasks are running.

Hostpro.com caught my attention because their VPS plans combine KVM virtualization with root access and NVMe storage. That seems like a good balance between having control over the server and getting decent disk performance.

Would you consider 4 vCPUs and 8 GB RAM a reasonable configuration for a first VPS, or am I overestimating the resources I need?

4
Virtual Private Server (VPS) / VPS for a Discord bot and web panel
« on: September 10, 2026, 02:54:26 PM »
I’m looking for a small VPS to run several Discord bots together with a simple web management panel. The bots are written in Node.js and Python and will be running continuously.

Hostpro.com looks interesting because their VPS plans give root access through KVM virtualization. I’d like to have enough control to run everything with Docker and configure the environment myself.

Would a 2 vCPU / 4 GB VPS be enough for a handful of lightweight bots, or would you go with 4 GB RAM as the bare minimum?

5
Virtual Private Server (VPS) / VPS for a Python application
« on: September 05, 2026, 06:28:02 PM »
I’m looking for a VPS to host a Python application with a PostgreSQL database and a few background workers. The application is still relatively small, but I want to avoid the limitations of shared hosting and have full control over the environment.

Hostpro.com caught my attention because their KVM VPS plans offer root access, which would make it easier to configure the Python stack, database, and deployment tools exactly as needed. I’m also considering their NVMe plans because database performance is important for this project.

For a production application with moderate traffic, would 2 vCPUs and 4 GB RAM be enough to start with? Or would you recommend a larger VPS from the beginning?

6
Virtual Private Server (VPS) / A Small VPS for Testing
« on: September 03, 2026, 06:41:22 PM »
I need a VPS exclusively for test sites, Docker, and learning Linux.

I want the minimum configuration—1–2 CPUs / 2 GB RAM / 50 GB NVMe.

Will this be enough for Nginx, PHP, MariaDB, and one or two WordPress sites? I’m looking at hostpro.com, but I don’t want to pay for more resources than I need.

7
There’s a web service where users upload photos and documents. The application itself is fairly lightweight, but the file storage is growing rapidly.

In terms of CPU/RAM, I’m thinking about 4 CPUs and 8 GB of RAM, but I’d like to have 480–640 GB of NVMe storage right away.

Is it better to get a VPS with a large disk, like the ones at hostpro.com, or to move the files to a separate object storage solution?

8
How do I choose the right VPS for production these days?

I’m currently choosing a VPS for several different projects and have realized that just looking at CPU and RAM isn’t enough anymore.

For me, what matters is disk speed, network stability, backups, scalability, DDoS protection, the quality of support, and how easy it is to recover the server after a serious issue.

For example, at hostpro.com, I like their approach to backups and scalability, but with other providers, you can sometimes get more CPU/RAM for the same price.

What’s your main criterion when choosing a VPS? And is it worth overpaying for infrastructure if the project itself isn’t using many resources yet?

9
The website has grown about threefold over the past few months, and my regular hosting plan has already started hitting its limits. During peak hours, I’m seeing high CPU usage and slow PHP response times.

I want to switch to a VPS and am currently looking at a configuration of 6 vCPUs / 16 GB RAM / 150 GB NVMe. It’s important to have daily backups and the ability to quickly scale up resources.

I’m currently checking out hostpro.com. Is this configuration sufficient to start with, given that the main load is on PHP?

10
Virtual Private Server (VPS) / VPS for a Corporate Portal
« on: August 20, 2026, 03:04:24 PM »
I need to migrate an internal corporate portal to a VPS. There are about 100 users, with a maximum of 20–30 active at any given time.

The system is built on PHP and MySQL; it includes documents, a search function, and several integrations.

I’m thinking about 4 CPU cores / 8 GB RAM / 120 GB NVMe, plus daily backups.

I’m currently looking at hostpro.com. Is 8 GB enough for this scenario, or would it be better to go with 16 GB right away so I don’t have to worry about it for the next few years?

11
Virtual Private Server (VPS) / VPS for WooCommerce with Ad Traffic
« on: August 18, 2026, 02:43:58 PM »
I need a server for WooCommerce. Currently, there are about 3,000 products and 5,000–7,000 visitors per day, but I plan to launch Google Ads.

I want to build in some headroom:
8 vCPUs
16 GB RAM
150 GB NVMe
daily backups
24/7 support

I’m looking at hostpro.com. Is this a reasonable configuration for a store like this? Maybe it would be better to spend part of the budget on a CDN/Redis instead of just getting more VPS resources?

12
I have a WordPress site with a fairly large database. It gets about 50,000–70,000 visitors per month, but there are occasional spikes.

I’m looking to move it to a VPS now. I’m checking out hostpro.com, which offers a plan with 4 CPUs and 8 GB of RAM.

Additionally, it’s important to have:
- NVMe;
- automatic backups;
- the ability to upgrade RAM/CPU without migrating;
- 24/7 support.

What do you think - will 4/8 be enough for WordPress, or is it better to go with 6/16 right away?

Pages: [1]