News: 
Welcome to FindUKHosting Forum

Author Topic: Why do I need a Disaster Recovery solution?  (Read 3755 times)

ryanwuk

• View Profile
    • Web Hosting UK
Why do I need a Disaster Recovery solution?
« on: August 02, 2019, 06:38:38 AM »
I wanted to know why a disaster recovery solution is important for my business.

DianaDickson

• View Profile
Re: Why do I need a Disaster Recovery solution?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 03:58:11 PM »
You buy insurance to protect your business financially against losses, but insurance can’t replace valuable data and the key applications that make your business work. To protect these items, you must plan ahead, creating a plan to restore your data when it is lost. Consider these five situations that could strike your business.

Natural Disasters

Mother Nature can be cruel. Storms, fires, and floods can all do irreparable damage to your business. Without a disaster recovery plan in place, you may find it extremely difficult to resume operations, putting the future of your company in jeopardy. 80% of companies that close for more than 5 days never reopen, so getting back on your feet is crucial in the event of a natural disaster.

Hardware Failure
Whether from a power surge or other cause, if your hardware fails it can take all your data with it. While you can take steps to protect your hardware with cooling systems, power surge protectors, and other technology, it is essential to regularly back-up your data. Using a cloud-based or off-site storage can add additional protections, as it is unlikely both locations will be struck at the same time. Your disaster recovery plan should include these steps, to ward off the potential data loss that could occur.

Human Errors

No one is perfect, and that includes you and your employees. Forgetting to save changes, accidentally deleting an important document, or flipping the wrong switch could lead to a significant loss for your company. Training programs can help reduce errors, but the only way to keep your business truly safe from a data loss due to human error is to back-up data regularly.

Cyber Crimes

Unfortunately, cyber crimes are on the rise and most businesses are affected at some point. A virus or ransomware attack could hold your data hostage, grinding your business to a halt and causing massive profit losses. Your disaster recovery plan should include steps to recover from a hacking attempt, keeping your data safe and accessible.

Customer Service

Ultimately, you need a disaster recover y plan to provide your customers the service they have come to expect from you. If your business must shut down, or has a prolonged service interruption, you could lose valuable customers to a competitor. The faster you can get back on your feet, the happier your clients will be.

Regards,
Diana

Freya009

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 12:10:08 PM »
1. Machines and hardware fail.
2. Much like machines, humans are not perfect. They make mistakes.
3. Customers expect perfection.
4. Customer retention is costly, but customer re-acquisition is devastatingly expensive.
5. You’re only as strong as your weakest link.

mikeduke790

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 09:59:40 AM »
Having a disaster recovery strategy in place enables an organization to maintain or quickly resume mission-critical functions following a disruption. A disruptive event can be anything that puts an organization's operations at risk, from a cyberattack to power outages and equipment failures to natural disasters.

Hope this helps you.

Rachel

• View Profile
    • Hostripples #1 Canada/USA/Europe offers cheap and reliable web hosting services starting from just $1.46/month with Unlimited Space, Bandwidth & Email Accounts. 24x7 Live Support. 30 Days money back guarantee!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 06:45:54 PM »
You can check out services offered by securelayer.net for the disasters you've come across.
Rachel Dsouza
https://hostripples.com/
Thank You