News: 
Welcome to FindUKHosting Forum

Author Topic: How important is the location of the host?  (Read 18513 times)

donut

• View Profile
How important is the location of the host?
« on: November 05, 2015, 08:35:53 AM »
How important is the location of the host?  :o

bellabranson

• View Profile
Re: How important is the location of the host?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »
I guess the location of the host doesn't matter ::)

HaBangNet

• View Profile
    • HaBangNet Global Web Hosting Solutions
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 04:37:11 PM »
Host location really doesn't matter, importantly stable and good support respond

Pravin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 11:29:52 AM »
Offshore hosting is nothing but hosting your website , data or application to a far off Datacenter location from your place of origin. There are many reasons for taking your hosting offshore, reasons like hosting copyrighted content, DMCA content , Hacking websites, adult content and warez hosting are few amongst them. There are servers that run/host a website except its located in another country. Many people use this because it is much harder to shut down legally and harder to contact.
MilesWeb: VPS Hosting | Dedicated Server Hosting

LunaHost

• Quality UK Web Hosting
    • View Profile
    • LunaHost
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 04:12:46 PM »
What do you mean by location? Off shore or something like residing in UK but server in US?

For the most part it does not matter however you can encounter increased ping, handshake etc the further the server is away from the client so it makes sense to have servers in the same area as your target audience.

If my company was targeting UK people I would almost definitely buy UK servers.
UK Web Hosting - Quality UK Web Hosting

DianaDickson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 11:44:13 AM »
For me its very important, I have most of my customers in US, I have previously tried UK web hosting company, google ranking wise my site failed a lot, later I switched to Apps4Rent

wwwspyder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 09:30:41 AM »

You need to choose a hosting provider who's datacenter is geographically close to your target audience. Also a host that is fairly close to you, since you'll be the one accessing the hosting the most.

Well, as for reliable option with stable servers in Australia, can recommend Vpsblocks.com.au hosting solutions.
I was happy to use the coupon: XMAS and got 20% off payments forever on new VPS orders. Valid until January 1 2020.

MarcS

• View Profile
    • AccuWeb Hosting
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2019, 11:16:48 AM »
Importance of the location of the host:
  • Your website needs to load fast for a better user experience. So you if your site is hosted on servers geographically close to your target audience, it will take less time to load.
  • To improve SEO rankings for your website, you must host it in the same location as your target audience.
  • According to research, individuals will leave a webpage if the page content does not load after three seconds. Therefore, we can say that it will generate more leads and have a higher conversion rate.

cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 03:24:51 PM »
It is very important, IMO, unless you are using content delivery network, which speeds things up for users in distant regions. Yet if you are using mail services from your web hosting provider, I would look for data centers located near you. If you are in UK, it's ok to use e.g. cloud hosting in Germany. As for search engines results, again, CDN fixes that geolocation issues.

markwilson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 10:47:39 AM »
Location of the server affects the speed
If the server is located closer, you can expect faster data transfer speed. That means, your website will load quicker if the server is located closer to you. Generally, visitors don’t like to wait long until a website gets loaded. If a website takes more than 3 seconds to load, your visitors will likely leave your site without looking at what you have to offer.

If you are a website owner, you should be smart in selecting a server location. You should first do some research and learn about the geographical location of your customer base. Then, you should ask your hosting provider if it is possible to assign your website a server located within that location. For instance, if you are targeting a clientele in Canada, your preference should be a server located in Canada no matter where you are actually based in.

Server location matters in terms of privacy
As a website owner, you should know that different countries deploy different rules and regulations with regards to information security. In some countries, they allow specific authorities to access their servers and monitor the information related to websites they host.

If you know the location of the server, you can learn the laws entertained in the respective region and decide if the server is suitable for your purpose. For instance, if your server is located inside Canada, you can go through The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) to learn more about the Canadian Privacy Policy. Likewise, different countries have different acts related to your data stored in their servers. But none of these Acts become useful if you don’t know the exact location of the server.

I hope this information will be useful to you!
Mark Wilson

amara123

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2021, 09:51:59 AM »
The location-based host helps to improve the local ranking and it improve the website performance also.