News: 
Welcome to FindUKHosting Forum

Author Topic: Server for mail  (Read 1714 times)

kess2756

• I have seen all the evil... SQL, mail, sites....
    • View Profile
Server for mail
« on: November 29, 2023, 05:50:22 PM »
Hello, friends!
I've come to the conclusion that it's better to separate my mail and website from each other so that they are not on the same server. For my site, a regular shared hosting is quite enough, but due to some restrictions and constant IP hits in spam databases, I decided to move the mail to a separate VPS server or some kind of mail service.
Google Workspace, although a good option, is too expensive for me...
I want a good server for a good price.
What is the best server to use for mail? My newsletters can reach 1000 emails a day, and I have a lot of mailboxes, about 100.
Which hosting services can meet my needs and will they help me transfer all my mail from another registrar and set up the server? Do you have any ideas? What do you think about the following hosts - hostpro.com, BlueHost, SiteGround and DreamHost?

JustMe

• View Profile
Re: Server for mail
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 05:46:51 PM »
Have a look at servers from decent hosting providers: hostsailor.com and allwebhost.com.
Super friendly customer service, affordable pricing and superb uptime.

rosafill23

• Kprogrammed3000
    • View Profile
Re: Server for mail
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 02:22:38 PM »
If you want to have your own server to manage your mail, you should understand that you need to configure this server to work correctly.
First, choose a plan. Since you have a fairly large flow of messages, you need a powerful VPS to handle such mailings.
I think that the following VPS configurations will be enough for you to start with - 4 GB of RAM, 2 CPUs, 100 GB NVMe SSD. You can get this plan for $12 from hostpro.com. If necessary, you can upgrade to more resources.
Next, you need to configure the server, for this you can install the CWP or cPanel control panel. Usually, when installing the control panel, everything you need for the correct operation of the server and its mail is installed.
After that, you need to configure DNS zones - DKIM, SPF, DMARC, MX, PTR - so that spambots do not add IPs to their blacklists.
The server hostname should be directed to the server IP address (for example, server.exmp.com in record A should have the IP address of your VPS).
When everything is set up and the DNS zone is updated, you need to test the work and fix errors as they occur.
Usually this is just the tip of the iceberg)
I would recommend that you contact technical support to help you set up a server for mail. The guys at hostpro.com can help with this no problem, you just need to contact them and provide a technical specification.