News: 
Welcome to FindUKHosting Forum

Author Topic: Looking for a VPS. Any recommendations?  (Read 6267 times)

Rizzotto

• View Profile
Looking for a VPS. Any recommendations?
« on: November 08, 2023, 08:38:15 AM »
Hello forum, i'm currently using a human managed server, that i always monitor.
So i want to look for a VPS solution that will fit my needs.
First of all it will be running 5 websites, 3 with some traffic and 2 of them almost dead.
When i say traffic, i'm talking about a maximum of 300 users browsing some picture galleries (max 150k each picture) on 3 of the websites.
The rest are static HTML pages, noone will manage them.
Question is, do you think that a 2 core processor, 3gb ram, 100 GB SSD will be enough?
Any info on hostingsource.com vps hosting solutions? Are they trustworthy?
Thank you!
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Dasdim

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a VPS. Any recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 06:00:25 PM »
VPS accounts from inet.ws and coinshosting.com are full-featured and cheap.
They are an excellent choice for web hosting. They are reasonably priced, provide excellent email-based support, and are incredibly reliable. I have really enjoyed working with them. Two thumbs up!

Forweb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 11:34:59 AM »
Nice well-balanced vps solutions you can get from GTHost.com and also NeironVPS.com web hosts.
The servers are very stable. For any questions, even the low priorities, they reply to me really fast and very helpful.
They even help me solve my website's problems which is far beyond my expectation.

Rawler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 06:51:44 PM »
Have a look at VPS accounts from reliable hosting providers: allwebhost.com ($5 first month for any plan) and hostsailor.com.
The technical support at them is always great. Their prices are on the high end for the overall service, however.

rosafill23

• Kprogrammed3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2023, 08:37:50 AM »
I think that a 2-core processor, 3 GB of RAM, and 100 GB of SSD should be enough to run 5 websites, especially if 2 of them are practically dead and the other 3 have moderate traffic. However, good website performance depends not only on the server and its settings, but also on the optimization of the sites themselves. If you have old and heavy query-heavy websites with heavy image formats (png, jpeg), no super-fast VPS will help you, only a good website developer will. You can check your website on GTmetrix

However, if you don't have any problems with your site and you need the best servers to improve your speed, then you should consider the offers from hostpro.com. I personally use their hosting and I am impressed with their server stability, loading speeds, and support efficiency. With 5 different websites with different needs, it might be helpful for you to look into their VPS plans and reach out to their support for advice.

Regarding hostingsource.com, they can be an option too, but I would recommend looking at user reviews and comparing them to hostpro.com before making a decision.

wwwspyder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 07:13:37 AM »
VPS - $5 first month for any plan: https://hostingsource.com/vps-hosting-promo/
OPTIONAL FEATURES: Windows OS - VPS $2/Month, Cloud - $7/Month, WHM/Cpanel – $12/Month, Plesk – $12/Month, additional IPs - $1/Month.