News: 
Welcome to FindUKHosting Forum

Author Topic: Windows Virtual Desktop  (Read 9075 times)

RuskinF

• View Profile
Windows Virtual Desktop
« on: October 21, 2019, 02:19:19 PM »
Recently, I found out that Windows had launched it's virtual desktop.
Is the Azure platform ready to host a https://www.apps4rent.com/windows-virtual-desktop-azure?
Or Will there be any inconsistencies in the hosted experience?
Any suggestions would be helpful.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:05:08 AM by RuskinF »

markwilson

• View Profile
Re: Windows Virtual Desktop
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 12:49:20 PM »
In today's world, it's vital for businesses to enable remote work for their teams but, for many, simply buying additional hardware outside of a desktop PC isn't possible.
That's where a Windows Virtual Desktop can help.
It may sound complicated, setting up a Windows Virtual Desktop in Azure can enable your employees to continue working, as if on their office desktop, on any device. Removing the need for additional business hardware, a Windows Virtual Desktop empowers you to provide a secure, productive experience in a changing world.

Below are some key benefits Windows Virtual Desktop can bring to your business.
Enable secure and productive remote work on any device

Windows Virtual Desktop provides full Windows 10 and Windows Server desktop and application virtualization on any personal device, from any internet-connected location.
Seamless integration with Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise and Microsoft Teams helps end users be productive with the desktop experience they expect.

Reduce costs of licensing and infrastructure

Use eligible Windows or Microsoft 365 licenses to access Windows Virtual Desktop and pay only for what you use.
Maximize use of your virtual machines through the exclusive Windows 10 multi-session capability, which enables multiple concurrent users.

Protect against outages to stay productive

Help keep your team running during outages by leveraging built-in Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup technologies.
Mitigate downtime and prepare for planned maintenance with personalized alerts and guidance through Azure Service Health.

I hope this information will be helpful!
Mark Wilson

HarleyMejia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 03:17:48 PM »
Though it's been a long time since they launched it, I've never heard about it before. Btw, I've recently upgraded to Windows 11, and I wish hadn't done it. I mean, it's still raw, so I'd like to downgrade it back to Windows 10. How can I do it?

MelvinAnderson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 11:43:56 PM »
Hi there! I stumbled upon this forum post and wanted to offer my input. Regarding the Windows Virtual Desktop, it's been quite some time since it was launched, so there should be ample feedback available to gauge the hosted experience on Azure. And as for downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10, you can get a key from this list windows 10 product key reddit. I've done the same exact thing because I can't stand their 11th version too. I still have no idea why they've released such a raw version. What do you guys think about it?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 04:01:32 PM by MelvinAnderson »

ryanwuk

• View Profile
    • Web Hosting UK
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 09:24:33 AM »
Windows Virtual Desktop is a cloud-based virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution provided by Microsoft that allows users to remotely access their Windows desktops and applications from anywhere, on any device. It runs on the Azure cloud platform and provides a fully-managed virtualized desktop experience.

Windows Virtual Desktop allows organizations to virtualize their desktops and applications, enabling their employees to work from anywhere, using any device. It also provides a secure and scalable solution for managing and deploying virtual desktops and applications.

Some of the key features of Windows Virtual Desktop include:

Multi-session Windows 10: Allows multiple users to share a single Windows 10 virtual machine, reducing infrastructure costs and increasing efficiency.
Remote Desktop Services (RDS) integration: Provides support for RDS features such as RemoteApp and Desktop Connections.
Optimized for Office 365 ProPlus: Offers a smooth and optimized experience for running Office 365 ProPlus on virtual desktops.
Built-in security and compliance: Includes built-in security and compliance features, such as Azure Security Center and Azure Active Directory, to ensure data protection and regulatory compliance.
Integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Enables centralized management of virtual desktops and applications using Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
Windows Virtual Desktop is a powerful and flexible solution for organizations looking to modernize their IT infrastructure and support a remote workforce.